Pineapple Cream
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup sugar
1 can (8 1/4 ounces) crushed pineapple in heavy syrup
1 can (6 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup crushed ice
1. Combine gelatin and sugar in container of electric blender. Heat pineapple with syrup to boiling; add to blender all at once. Blend on high until smooth.
2. Add frozen concentrate, cream, then crushed ice. Blend until completely smooth. Pour into 6 servings glasses. Chill until ready to serve, about 15 minutes.
For Pie: Chill mixture until it mounds; spoon into graham cracker shell; chill about 30 minutes. Garnish with additional pineapple, if you wish.
Strawberry Pineapple Cream: Substitute 1 package (10 ounces) quick-thaw frozen strawberries for the lemonade concentrate.
[Magazine clipping. Sounds yummy but dated--I haven't seen 6 ounce cans of frozen concentrate for ages. And while I tend to substitute fresh fruit for canned or frozen, I wouldn't in this case. Well, I might with the strawberries, but fresh pineapple has enzymes that dissolve gelatin. So note to self: stick with the canned.]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home