Ada's Recipe Box

Transcriptions of the recipes of Ada Thomas, with commentary by her children.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Easter Clusters

2 squares white bark
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
4 cups chow mein noodles
4 cups granola

Preheat oven to a mild 200 degrees. Melt white bark 15 to 20 minutes in 9x13 pan. When soft, take from oven and mix with peanut butter. Have ready the granola and chow mein noodles, lightly tossed together by some impatient person who demands something to do. Add dry mixture to bark mixture and mix until evenly coated. Drop by large spoon onto waxed paper. Once cool, these harden well for storage. Makes 40 to 50 clusters, depending on amount sampled by helpers.

[Why are these "Easter" clusters? Because they're pale, for spring, as opposed to wintery chocolate? I suppose. I'm guessing "white bark" is a Velveeta-version of white chocolate. And I'm pretty sure this could be adapted for the microwave.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home