Aristocrat Dip
1 cup Kraft Real Mayonnaise
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
dash pepper
Beat mayonnaise, sour cream and anchovy paste in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in parsley, onion, garlic and pepper; cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours. Serve with shrimp, raw cauliflowerets, zucchini sticks or mushroom caps, if you wish.
[This recipe includes the following commentary: "A favorite of Dorothy Holland, vice president and director of consumer affairs at Kraft, this dip often appears on her guest menus." That would explain the insistence on Kraft Real mayonnaise. None of that substandard Best Foods. ;)]
[Magazine clipping glued to a 4x6 card. It looks like these are glued with a type of glue I don't see anymore in the stores--the clear yellowish stuff in the amber bottle with the angular rubber tip, slitted, so when you pressed it down on, say, a magazine clipping, it smeared out in the general area. Over time, it appears, these globs of glue become non-adhesive, so I have been updating the stickum with a swipe of glue stick. As I did the swipe this time, I caught a glimpse of the backside of the recipe--an ad for Tareyton cigarettes. Are they still around? Would any among us know? I haven't seen their ads for a while, but then most of the magazines I read don't advertise cigarettes.]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home