Uncooked Ice Cream
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 pt whipping cream
6 c whole milk
1 T vanilla
1 T cherry extract
1/2 t salt
Beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar gradually beating until mixture thickens. Add other ingredients and mix thoroughly. May want to use maraschino cherries or a crumbled chocolate bar.
Freeze in 8 parts crushed ice to 1 part rock salt.
[Handwritten. Despite the name, it sounds delicious. The recipe as written calls for 2 cups of milk AND 6 cups of whole milk, which I found very confusing. David pointed out that the instructions call for sugar, which was not on the list of ingredients. So I have changed the first milk to sugar. I am confident it will taste better that way.]
[I would add both the crumbled chocolate bar and some minced maraschino cherries, even a touch of red food coloring so it didn't look vanilla. Or maybe some almond extract. The possibilities are endless.
[The freezing instructions obviously refer to some kind of ice cream freezing contraption, whether hand-cranked or electric. Presumably if you have one, you know hopw to use it.]

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home