Ada's Recipe Box

Transcriptions of the recipes of Ada Thomas, with commentary by her children.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Parker House Midgets

1/2 cup butter or margarine
4 pkgs refrigerated plain or buttermilk biscuits

1. Melt butter or margarine in a jelly roll pan 15x10x1 while oven heats.

2. Separate the biscuits; cut each in half (scissors). Roll each half into a tiny ball, then flatten with a glass to a 2-inch round; fold round in half.

3. Roll in melted butter in pan, then arrange in a single layer in same pan, 10 rows with 8 in each row.

4. Bake in 450-degree oven 15 min or until golden. Serve hot.

(Bake ahead and reheat just before serving time if desired.)

80 tiny rolls

[Handwritten. I was determined to get past the magazine recipes, and decided to sift through until I found some actual hand-copied ones. I still don't know if she actually ever made this, but at least I know she wrote it down herself. :-)]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home